7 REASONS TO VOLUNTEER WITH BCLMA
Volunteer with the BCLMA
Volunteers are an integral part of how the BCLMA non-profit organization functions optimally each and every day. The BCLMA needs people to help operate the association, provide ideas, plan and run events, and share news and knowledge. Quite simply, volunteers ultimately help evolve the law-firm profession.
Volunteering with the BCLMA can also help you define a passion, uncover skills you didn’t know you had, further develop a skill you already have; and support you to improve your confidence and self-esteem as you become involved in and engaged with your legal industry community .
As your career develops, you realize how important business connections mean to you and the firm or organization you work with. Through volunteering, you can connect with colleagues and learn you are not alone in this profession. You will connect with Business Partners who supply the products and services your firm may need so that you can make the best business decisions for your firm.
The time and energy you devote to the BCLMA can pave the way to valuable corporate relationships and even lifelong friendships!
- Become a Chair or Co-Chair of one of the nine subsections
- Assist with the biennial membership conference by joining a committee, working with Business Partners, helping with set-up, registration, swag bags, gift and prize procurement, and more
- Assist with social events
- Speak at an event or offer training
- Join the editorial committee of the TOPICS newsletter to generate article ideas, write articles and event reports, or procure advertising revenue
- Join the Social Media committee, Website committee, or other occasional ad hoc committees that get created for special projects
- Run for a position on the Board of Directors
- Become a BCLMA Mentor
Volunteering is good karma! If you do something good, something good will come back to you.
Are you a BCLMA Member interested in volunteering?
Email email@example.com for more information.